Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chinese New Year



My favourite holiday is Chinese New Year(also called Spring Festival) not only because it is the longest holiday in China but also the very meaningful and greatful celebration events. The biggest event of any Chinese New Year is the New Year Eve dinner every family will have. Every people in a family get together and eat the family reunion dinner. You always can eat the most delicious tranditional Chinese dishes in the dinner. In addition, married couples or the elderly in Chinese family will give to unmarried juniors(us) red packets with money inside(almost $10-100) during the reunion dinner. That would be a huge money because everyone older than me must give me at least $10 and I am the youngest one, that is another reason I like Spring festival. The days after new year also have a lot of celebrations such as playing fireworks, going shopping(the price of stuff during Chinese New Year same as Black day in America)visiting family members(another way to get red packets^^).

3 comments:

Maitha said...

You have such a nice festival !!

I liked the ways which young people get money during the festival..

eunyoung's blog said...

I want to try all of them in your picture^^

Rebecca K said...

You are lucky that you are the youngest... The oldest person must have to be very rich! :)